How do I choose a grad school for my Master's degree in Student Affairs?

What are factors that should be considered? What schools are well-known for their Student Affairs programs or have unique qualities to their program?

Answers (1)


Steve Loflin on August 15th, 2011:

The best place to start is to ask student affairs administrators on your campus where they went for their degree and what they would recommend.  You should also explore whether you want to focus more on administrative or counseling since each program prioritizes these differently.  Also, a program that helps place you in a substantive graduate assistantship can be a good measure for choosing.  There are several really good programs. I had a great experience at Florida State. Here is a link from ACPA that also has some good information:

Answer this Question

(Custom html is forbidden)

Post anonymously

Sign in

You are an anonymous user, if you want to continue please sign in with facebook

Invite your friends


and receive 10 Splash Karma Points!

Ask Question

Question has to have at least 20 characters

Add question details